Friday, March 18, 2011

Oh Deer.

On October 29th, a deer hit Cary.  Cary was going about 65 mph on a major road when the deer attempted to jump from a bank over two or three lanes of traffic.  (“I believe I can fly!” is a song phrase that comes to mind.)  The deer had grossly overestimated its abilities, and landed right on our van.

DSC02694

When I saw where the deer hit, I could tell that Cary had been protected that day.  The deer could have easily gone right through the windshield and killed him.  Instead, the deer hit and then flew up over the van.  Cary was unharmed.  There were shards of glass in the van, but the windshield held together.  The van was drivable, and since most of the windshield damage was on the passenger side Cary was able to see clearly, finish his commute, and teach his classes for the day.

 DSC02695

I am so glad that I still have my husband.  We all said prayers of thanks.

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad he drove away unharmed.