1. I like chocolate (too much). I eat it when I’m stressed or frustrated.
2. My first name is Edith, after my Great-grandmother.
3. I love to have things really organized.
4. Being a good mom takes precedence over perfect order.
5. I am a perfectionist, but I’m getting over it.
6. Green is my favorite color.
7. I love to hike and take walks.
8. I love camping, as long as there is a bathroom nearby!
9. I haven’t been able to hike or camp very much since having kids.
10. I enjoy playing my flute, especially when it actually sounds good.
11. I wish I could keep up with it better.
12. I like to eat just about any food that I don’t cook.
13. I used to LOVE making (& eating) desserts, but now it affects my waistline too much!
14. My favorite is a good New York cheesecake. Yum!
15. I feel like bringing my children into the world and being a mom are the greatest things I’ve ever done.
16. I really don’t like “exercising”.
17. I like canoeing and rollerblading, and dancing as long as no one outside my family is watching!
18. I think sunbathing is a ridiculous waste of time, but perhaps this has something to do with my fair skin.
19. I’m not a big fan of pink.
20. I would rather people be honest than try not to hurt my feelings.
21. I don’t offend easily.
22. I enjoy gardening.
23. I have a hard time not pulling weeds when I’m outside in the summer.
24. I have a really hard time finding music that I like. (I want music that really makes me want to dance without junky lyrics.)
25. I lived in Utah for three years without going skiing once. The whole idea seems kind of scary and cold.
26. I love mountains and trees, and living near family. I wish there was a place that had all three things!
27. I get headaches from perfumey stuff (including candles) and cigarette smoke.
28. It annoys me when people wear strong perfume or cologne.
29. I love swiss chard from the garden! And broccoli. Ooh—and fresh tomatoes cut up with a little bit of salt on them, and corn on the cob! These are some of the things I love about summer.
30. And real mashed potatoes. Mmmm. They’re one of my comfort foods.
31. I hate celery.
32. I wanted to be an English teacher.
33. Or a book editor.
34. I have a BA in English and a minor in music.
35. I used to jump down flights of stairs—all the time.
36. I don’t like being in the spotlight...yet I am publishing this post.
37. I love our extended family, and wish we weren’t so spread out.
38. Beautiful singing makes me cry.
39. So does beauty in nature (when viewed in a peaceful setting).
40. I love the feeling in the air just before a thunderstorm.
41. Fall is my favorite season.
42. I enjoy playing the piano—especially when I don’t have to.
43. I hate scheduling doctor’s appointments. I have no idea why.
44. I have never dyed my hair. I once bought a temporary dye and didn’t have the heart to use it.
45. I never had pierced ears.
46. I used to take out aggression on my marimba (and sometimes the piano).
47. I wouldn’t want to do college again, but I’d like to take a few courses one at a time so that I could really enjoy them.
48. Immodest clothing really bothers me.
49. And little girl clothing that looks like miniature women’s clothing.
50. I like cats. When we were waiting for kids, we got a kitten.
51. I like it when Cary cleans the toilets—my most detested chore.
52. I miss Jamba Juice (really good smoothies out West).
53. I used to be really shy. I think church callings and going to France cured me of that.
54. I can speak French because I lived in France for 10 months. (I also took 5 years of courses, but that only gets you so far.)
55. I thought I would marry someone tall, with dark hair.
56. I’m glad I married Cary!
57. I like making stuff. I know that’s not very descriptive. I enjoy scrapbooking, building things with wood, sewing, painting, etc.
58. I like it when things are CLEAN and undamaged.
59. I like having kids (and a husband) even better.
60. When Cary is late, I worry, and weird scenarios play through my mind.
61. I’m very attached to my pillow.
62. I really like crêpes with Nutella and banana.
63. I wish there were more things made for more than two children (wagons, strollers, bike trailers, etc.). Maybe I’ll have to make something…
64. I wish I had more time with Cary.
65. I’m glad he’s so supportive of me.
66. I didn’t wear makeup until my senior year of high school.
67. I’m not the most tactful person in the world, though I try.
68. Turtlenecks and watches bug me (when I wear them).
69. I don’t carry a purse—I would just leave it everywhere!
70. I think I’m becoming a patient person.
71. I love having a schedule.
72. I love having sunshine in my house.
73. I really admire something about each of my family members.
74. My parents have dinner with us almost every Sunday.
75. I feel like I’m starting to understand people better. I can get along with most people.
76. A lot of my friends are senior citizens. (They love the kids!)
77. I like reading blogs.
78. I generally prefer literature to modern novels.
79. I love date night!
80. I enjoy going out with my club once a month.
81. I miss my kids when they’re gone, which is rare.
82. I like to walk fast.
83. I’m not a big fan of soda. (Just ask Cary about that one.)
84. I like water and watered-down juice.
85. I miss cute carpenter jeans and the other styles from a few years back. (I know I’m a geek.) I am frustrated with the current “ultra low-rise show your belly and waist flab” jeans.
86. I sometimes wish that I didn’t grow up so much.
87. I miss western sunsets on the mountain.
88. I love green grass that you don’t have to water!
89. I enjoy photography, but don’t really know how to use my digital camera.
90. I miss being able to go to the temple regularly.
91. I enjoy teaching. I used to teach flute lessons, and I love teaching my children.
92. I don’t like to wear dresses or skirts at home. I change as soon as I get home.
93. I wear slippers all winter and go barefoot or wear sandals all summer.
94. I wear sneakers when I’m feeling low on energy.
95. I LOVE my little family.
96. I hated lectures growing up, but I think I’m prone to lecture! I better watch it.
97. I’m very stubborn. (Especially when I know I’m right.)
98. I’m getting better at being a peacemaker.
99. I’m generally pretty positive and upbeat.
100. I am happy with my life.
Apparently I like to hold kids on my right side!