Friday, September 4, 2009

Intrepid

The kids and I really enjoy going for walks together around the neighborhood.  The only part I don’t enjoy is a few houses down from us.  There are three obnoxious dogs there who run up to the fence and bark and growl  loudly until we are well-past.  I was afraid of dogs as a child (and still am sometimes), and don’t trust them not to bite curious little fingers that might get too near the fence, so I usually cross the street to avoid them.   Sometimes we walk right past them.  The last time we did so, three of my children walked by quickly.  Lana, however, stood there with a determined,  indignant look on her face.  “Stop it doggies!  STOP IT!”

The dogs stopped when we were near the edge of the fence, and Lana turned back to say “FANK you.”

3 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Oh, how swwet.

Lara Neves said...

Lana and Sophia would be best friends. I just know it.

Such a cutie she is!

Bethanie said...

What a brave little girl! Our neighbors have two dogs and an invisible fence to keep them in. They usually don't bug us and when we go out the neighbor brings the dogs back inside, but the other when I was picking our tomatoes they were barking at me and I have to admit that I was a little frightened. It also made me want to get a fence. I think I'm a cat person.