Friday, March 22, 2013

Blue and Gold Banquet, Angry Birds Style

We had shared a few ideas with the boys for the Blue and Gold Banquet theme this year, but as soon as we mentioned “angry birds” their eyes lit up, so angry birds it was.

We planned a bunch of games—too many, in fact.  We were up late that night, but it was a lot of fun!  And I took a lot of pictures.

IMG_7568

IMG_7573

I was in charge of the centerpieces.  The people at each table would need to use their resourcefulness to build a small catapult and then knock down a stack of cups in the middle of the table.  The boys helped me draw some pig faces on green cups.  In the bags are supplies for building the catapults (popsicle sticks, rubber bands, clothespins, cups, and ammunition).  We ended up sending this game home with everyone.  I had made some sample catapults so that I could make sure I included enough supplies in the bags.  I was pretty proud of the design that used the cups.

IMG_7579IMG_7620

IMG_7578IMG_7584

Darlene made a bowling game.

IMG_7585IMG_7588

The Dennings made a “Pop the Pig” game.

IMG_7591IMG_7595

Hunter and Everett painted this beanbag toss game.

IMG_7566IMG_7599

Suzie brought another kind of pig popping game.  The kids are running round trying to pop each other’s balloons.  Cary ended up popping a lot of them because they were hard to pop!

IMG_7606

IMG_7608

We used a catapult that the boy scouts had made to knock down these pigs.

IMG_7612

IMG_7615

Gavin was one of the smallest ones there, but he managed to knock down every one of those pigs!

IMG_7618

I made a cake.  Suzie is an expert, but I wanted to give her a break.

IMG_7574IMG_7576

Suzie also did a presentation about the cub scout colors, complete with dry ice.  The kids all had a great time.  Lana, Maddie, and Gwyn all wish they were in cub scouts.  I remember having that same feeling when my brothers were in scouts.  They keep asking me when they will get to be in activity days.  One more year, girls!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

what fun! the boys are fortunate to have all of you as leaders! very talented!