Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cary is ABD

I just realized that I forgot to post Cary's exciting news:

Cary is now ABD! For those of you who are normal people and think that sounds like some form of disorder, it actually stands for "All But Dissertation" in nerdy scholarly circles. This means that he has finished all of his coursework, his prospectus has been approved, and he has been formally accepted as a PhD candidate.

Though I never expected his studies to take this long, I'm very proud of what he has accomplished. We celebrated his success with a nice dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse. (Yes, an actual date, and we had a great time.) Cary thinks they should make a steak-scented candle. Mmmmm

So he had one brief sigh of relief after his defense, and has now buckled down for the long haul of actually writing his dissertation. I keep trying to dicker with him to cut down the time for completing the degree, but I guess it doesn't really work that way!

No comments: