Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What happens when I stretch

At dinner time, Cary takes care of the girls so that I can enjoy a little bit of a break. Everett and I sit on one side of the table, and Cary and the girls on the other. Once I looked over, and noticed that all three of the girls had their arms in the air. Then I realized that I was stretching.

As I changed my movements, their arms changed almost in stereo. Since then, I've had a lot more fun with this of course, but it also serves as a caution to me: Be careful--your children are watching your every word and action! They have their own personalities, to be sure, but example is a very powerful teacher. I have especially learned the importance of keeping careful control of my emotions, because I have four little ones who will copy me without even realizing it.

No comments: