Monday, July 28, 2008

Out with the old...

DSC00980 old glasses 

...and in with the new!

DSC01042 new glasses

After wearing the same glasses for probably eight years, I finally got some new ones.  Thanks to Chelsea, I found two new pairs for only $20 each.  If I hadn't heard about the place from a friend, I probably would have been skeptical about the quality of the glasses because of the low price.  The glasses are great.  The only drawback I can think of is that you can't go to the store where you bought them to get them adjusted.  Considering the money I saved, I don't think that's a big sacrifice to make .  I don't even want to think about how much we paid for Cary's glasses.

If you're ready for some new glasses, you might want to check out this site.  I got my eye exam done.  Then half-a-year later (I take care of myself last), I tried on some frames at WalMart with my sister along to give her input.  Thanks Jolina!  She took pictures of our favorites, and I finally ordered the frames online.  What do you think?

2 comments:

HappyStretchedThin said...

A better view of your eyes for sure, but you're beautiful in anything anyway...

Lara Neves said...

20 dollars for lenses and everything?

My problem is that I have such horrid eyesight, I can't have wire frames...they have to be thick plastic to hide the thickness of the lenses...which are more expensive 'cause I get the featherweight stuff, and they're still 1/2 inch thick...

Anyway. My new glasses were more than 10 times what yours were. They better last a long time!!!!