Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I Haven't Been Blogging

I've really missed this blog, but have been super busy with other good things. I probably shouldn't even try to catch up at this point. Aside from the normal work and play, here's what I've been up to:


  1. I was asked to be the second counsellor in the Primary (the children's organization at church) a few weeks ago. After I was able to attend and observe for two weeks, the president and first counselor went on vacation and left me alone--sort of. I still had all of the wonderful teachers, the chorister, and the pianist there to support me. (Kathrin, if you're reading this, don't feel bad!) I really love the kids in there. It went pretty well, and I definitely learned a few things!
  2. I had a stamping workshop. I always have a lot of fun with these. I said it was going to be my last one, but I'll probably do another one in November.
  3. Lana started throwing up, a LOT. We're still unsure of the cause, but we've been very careful with her for the past week. I have a suspicion that it is related to teething. I don't even want to weigh her. I'm sure she's lost weight, but I'm trying not to think about it because we're doing the best we can.
  4. Jolina and her fiance Arthur and his 5-yr-old son, little Arthur, are here for a visit! They arrived last Saturday and will be here through this Sunday. We are spending as much time with them as we can, and enjoying every minute of it. I'm not getting as much sleep as I should, but we don't see them very often, so it's worth it.

*I forgot to add this fifth reason:

Cary's summer work deadline is rapidly approaching and he's been working really long hours. I have been taking over some of his normal activities to give him even more time to work (mowing the lawn, doing more "family" outings solo, etc.). We've missed him, and will be happy when all of the work is completed. Then he'll start working hard on his dissertation, but he'll be able to breathe a little easier and be around a little more.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Hi, I got to our blog through another . My two year old twin has some eating issues and I saw that you've had some experiences with your girls. I'd love to know more about what you have done, what has worked, etc. If you have time, sounds like you have your hands full, shoot me an e-mail and we can compare notes!
Janice
Jtakade2008atyahoodotcom

Lara Neves said...

Those are all very good reasons.

I hope that Lana is okay soon. And good luck with the new calling. Sounds fun! :)