Thursday, September 4, 2008

Everett's Special Day

I decided to give each child a "special day."  Everett's was yesterday.  We began the day by making him a special hat.  When people ask his name, Everett always gives his full name and states that he is "four and three quarters".  His hat was to be light blue, have a tent on it, and say "A special day for Everett Ives Campbell".  Before breakfast, we all sang "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow".

DSC01328

Along with other pampering activities throughout the day, he helped me bring in the tomatoes and peppers from the garden.  (We also watered the garden and Everett.)  He rinsed all of the tomatoes for me.

DSC01335

For dinner, we had hot dogs and pancakes, at his request.  Then the kids and I went outside and everyone "helped" me set up the tent.

DSC01343 GEM

After the girls were in bed, Everett and I made s'mores and got everything ready.  He and I spent the night in the tent.  It was a lot of fun.  And in the morning, the air mattress was still inflated enough that only my hip was touching the ground.  I'd say it was a very successful special day.  I love my sweet boy!

I don't know what I'm going to do for each of the girls, but their days won't include camping.  I'll wait until they're a little bit older for that.  I loved camping out with my mom in the back yard when I was little.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

You are the best mom. I'm sure Everett loved his special day, i would have!