Friday, September 12, 2008

Not a baby--sniff, sniff

I recalled today that Everett was a couple of months younger than the girls are now when they were born. It is amazing for me to think of what he had to deal with at that age and how very sweet he was. He had to grow up pretty quickly.

This evening I was trying to hold Gwyn. I told her she was my Gwyn. She said firmly: "I'm not a baby, I'm a Gwyn!"

I love this picture. It shows such a typical expression of hers:

DSC01355

Gwyn has started to mimic me in some ways. It is so funny for me to hear her referring to her siblings as "honey" or "sweetie", or even "sweetie-heart". These terms have become so habitual to me.

Lana, my little one who doesn't like to sit still for more than two seconds, is now the one who likes to be held and loved the most. It took her longer than her sisters to want to look people in the eye and be affectionate, but she is one snuggly bug now!

Some of my non-babies' current favorite activities are having me read to them, or "chase" them up the stairs at nap time and bed time. Maddie and Gwyn each hide under a crib, and Lana hides in their dresser that has a little closet. I tickle each of them and then they come out for a hug.

No comments: