Thursday, May 22, 2008

Babies with Babies

I guess my girls aren't really babies anymore, but they're still little! Our most recent toy rotation brought the baby dolls up from the basement, and all four children have been really sweet with them. (It almost makes me want to have another one--yikes!) They've been singing lullabies, wrapping them in blankets, feeding them, rocking them, giving them hugs and kisses, and putting them down for naps.


Gwyn wrapping up her baby:


DSC00521 babies G


Lana hugging her baby:


The girls play with cars, so I guess Everett can play dolls with them, right? We're not dealing with stereotypes yet. I just love it when they all play together happily!

Everett also wanted to play school the other day. I'm not sure what gave him the idea, but I was happy to go along with it. (I've been trying to encourage writing, etc. without a whole lot of success.) He set up a little school area with a chair for the teacher. All four children sat down in front of me, and listened attentively as we went through the first six letters of the alphabet naming things that started with each letter. We then sang the alphabet song and looked through an alphabet book that Everett and I had made. One more run-through of the alphabet song and the girls were done, but I was surprised they lasted that long! I wouldn't mind a repeat of that experience. At this point it almost has to be Everett's idea.

No comments: