Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two-year-old vernacular

The children are really becoming articulate at this point (at least in my ears), but I really love some of the little "errors" they make. I almost hate when they grow out of them! Here is a list of some of the cute things each child was saying at age two:

Everett

bassasauce = applesauce

brellella = umbrella

bananana = banana

You're discombobalated. = You're discombobulated. (Cary was really proud of that one.)

Everett also did the Tigger song, including the cute growl at the end.

Lana

Gip-paboo = Peek-a-boo

I no no no know. = I don't know.

Cwinkew, cwinkew wittew staw... bup-pa-buv... = Twinkle, twinkle little star... up above...

Smee-me. = Excuse me.

Gwyn

I luv-oo, Mama. = I love you, Mama.

La-behwe -or- Wa-behwe = Gwyn's name for Lana. At first she called her "Nana" or "Lana", but recently she has started copying her brother, who often calls Lana "Lanabelle".

Okay? = what she says--along with pats on the back--when one of her siblings is coughing or choking

Lake up! = Wake up!

Maddie

deelisuss = Delicious

me too too! = me too!

Clee-mup = Clean up

Happy, now = what she says after she's been upset and calms herself down

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I love when they are talking well, but not too well. :) Sophie does the I no no no know thing too, for i don't know.