Sunday, May 18, 2008

Superdad

Well, our whole family is sick once again. It seems that despite my best efforts at germ-control, we have our own little petri dish.

I was to teach the women's class at church today, so I went solo. It was so strange being there by myself. When the girls were barely talking, we started a tradition of saying "Here, We, GO!" anytime we went anywhere in the van. The kids all join in on the "GO!" part and do the "charge" motion with their arms. So when I was driving today I missed that. I didn't have to dress four children or take a diaper bag. I was also able to actually pay attention in the first meeting! It has been getting better and better, but I still don't usually hear much of the service.

Cary fed Lana this morning for me. I decided to snap a photo. And no, I don't know why he's wearing a tie on his head. That's just what dads do, isn't it?

DSC00500 Cary feeding Lana

While I was gone, he and the children made a "Welcome Home Mama" sign and hung it in the window. He caught a picture of them on the porch after letting them check out their handiwork:

DSC00502 GLEM

Gwyn, Lana, Everett, Maddie

He also had lunch waiting for me, dinner in the crockpot, and the house was pretty much the way I left it! I felt really loved, and he scored some major points!

No comments: