Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random thoughts

I have previously documented Lana's normal naptime routine:

  1. remove clothing
  2. attempt to remove diaper (which is taped on)
  3. climb out of portable crib
  4. throw anything loose in Everett's room into the portable crib

This routine has some variations, including actually falling asleep every now and then. This is either on the floor or in Everett's bed. The routine also often includes making a messy diaper at some point. Well today, since it probably won't happen again, I figured I'd document today's routine:

  1. Lay in portable crib and SLEEP!

She got the diaper business over with before naptime today, and when I went to get her after the naps, not only was she IN her portable crib, but FULLY CLOTHED as well!

This child is going to have a lot to read when she's older.


And tonight I finally learned about something that's been bugging me for a while. Do your teeth feel funny when you eat cooked spinach? I know mine do--kind of gritty or chalky, like something is being sucked out of the enamel. (I used to have nightmares about all of my teeth falling out. Maybe I still have weird fears about my teeth.) I love the taste of spinach, but that feeling really bugs me. So today I finally did a Google search of "teeth feeling spinach" and immediately had my answer. I am not the only one who feels this way, and it is caused by oxalate crystals. I know the feeling will still bother me, but at least I know what it is!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I love spinach, but yes, that bugs me. Interesting info, thanks!

Maybe Lana's routine is changing for the better? I will cross my fingers for you. :)

Got my chocolate stash in the mail yesterday! AFter a few minutes in the freezer it was perfect (It was a bit warm out yesterday so it was kind of melty). Thanks!

chelsea said...

yea for lana!! what was it like to just go in after nap time, pick lana up and walk out of the room? yeah i like spinach too but that does really bug me. i don't eat it all that often because i feel like the enamel is getting rubbod off as i chew.