Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Workin' Hard in the Yard

Here are my little helpers, hard at work:

IMG_8720 Lana mowing IMG_8725 EMG yard work

Too bad they can't actually mow the lawn!  They love to help with the weeding though.  And digging!   The garden will be outside of the fenced-in area.  We plan on renting a sod-cutter and a tiller this week to prepare the turf, and repair other parts of our yard.  I'm sure that Everett will be a big help in the garden this year, but I don't know that the girls are quite ready!

I'm hoping to round up some form of shade for us before it gets really warm.  I'm already getting headaches.  I would love to have a nice big tree in the back corner, but by the time one grew big enough to shade us I'm sure we'd be long gone.

This is why when I tell the girls to come inside, they are happy to oblige:

IMG_8748 washiung hands IMG_8733 washing hands 2 LGM

They LOVE the handwashing ritual.  As soon as we come in, I get a bucket and fill it with warm, soapy water.  Six or eight little hands are immediately plunged into the bucket.  They rub and dunk until they pass inspection, then I pull the bucket away and give them a towel.  It is so cute to see all their little heads together!

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

That is so cute with their heads all together. Looks like you have a lot of good helpers!

Casey's trio said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello...I love hearing from other triplet moms:) Hope to hear from you again and I'll be stopping back by as well.