Friday, February 15, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Well, Cary got into a bit of trouble yesterday. It seems he planned on doing Valentine's Day a day late, but he neglected to inform me. (Sounds a little suspicious, doesn't it?) He has always been really good at doing sweet things for me, so all day long I was anticipating something. Today he took three of the children so that I could have some one-on-one time with Gwyn (and he could get my v-day gifts). Gwyn and I had a nice time coloring together. It is refreshing having just one at a time every now and then! It feels like everyone is in competition most of the time, for just about everything--toys, attention, etc. When there's just one, everything slows down and calms down. I can observe more of their individual personalities because they're relaxed and happy. Gwyn was calm and methodical. She was more interested in arranging the crayons than actually coloring with them.

Here are my goodies. ( The bag is filled with chocolate.)


And these are the Valentine Everett made this year. I couldn't post them yesterday because some of the recipients hadn't received them yet. (Yes, Cary wasn't the only one who was a little late.) Everett made mine with a lot of stickers, but after I presented him with his valentine, he decided to add even more stickers.

1 comment:

HappyStretchedThin said...

Now let's get one thing straight: I said MULTIPLE times that the chocolate is cheaper the day after, but I guess that wasn't ENOUGH of a hint...And just in case Mandy tries to claim I'm a cheapskate, let it be known to one and all that she's at least as cheap as me or better. It's a family trait.