Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cary finally got me!

We had finally decided that Maddie should see a doctor on Thursday morning, so Cary took her to the pediatrician while I took care of the other kids. I called him a little over an hour after the sceduled appointment time. Here's the gist of our conversation:

"Hi Cary."
"Hi. What's up?"
"I was just calling to check your status. I didn't want to put Gwyn to bed until Maddie was home."
"Well, we're still here."
"Really?"
"Yeah. They found something growing in her ear."
"Oh?"
"They've consulted three different doctors."
"What?"
"One of them thinks it's a fern."


Usually I can tell immediately if Cary is trying to pull one over on me, but this time I didn't catch it till he mentioned the fern! (It might be partly because it was over a cell phone and the kids were making noise in the background, bet he finally got me!)

No comments: