Sunday, February 3, 2008

TAG Motherhood

1. How long have you been a mother?
4 years and 3 months. Before that we had a kitten named Stuart.
2. How many kids call you mommy? 4
3. When you were expecting, did you know what you were having?
Yes--with the girls I suspected that I might be having twins,
but told myself that every mother must feel that way at some point. Once I dreamed that I had kittens. :) We found out at the 18 week ultrasound that we were going to have three girls.
4. How old were you when you became a mom? almost 25
5. How long were you in labor?
For Everett my water broke around 9 AM and he was born around 3 PM (Paris time). With the girls, my water broke at midnight and they were born around 3:30 AM.
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom?
That is probably one of the toughest questions anyone has asked me, so I'm not going to pick just one thing. I love smiles, laughter, hugs, "I love you Mama", seeing them loving each other, watching them learn and discover, their JOY, etc.
7. What's your least favorite thing? screaming children


8. Do you want more kids? at least one more, but not just yet :) 


9. Have you ever taken your kids on a trip?

YES. In August of last year we were insane adventurous enough to drive across the country to Saskatchewan and back for a wonderful family reunion (about 4000 miles).
10. How many times have you been peed on? didn't count that, but the month after the girls were born we used about 1000 diapers

11. How many times have you been barfed on?
Many, many times. Lana had bad reflux for a long time. We would hold her upright for hours and she would still lose it. She and I went through many changes of clothing.
12. Are your kids named after someone? OK--here goes...
Everett Ives: Everett was great grandfather Campbell's first name, and Ives is my father's middle name as well as his mother's maiden name
Elana Ruth: Ruth is my mother's middle name
Gwyneth Anne: Gwyn comes from my sister's middle name, Win
Madeleine Grace: Maddie is after my nickname (Mandy), and Grace is my grandmother's middle name

13. When is the last time you had a sitter? January 25th (after the kids were in bed). We've been having date night! Woohoo!!!

14. When your kid gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
The child. They know that the consequence is a result of their action (or at least Everett knows). It's usually me that enforces because Cary is working.
15. What is the longest you have been away from your kids?
I was away from Everett for a few days when the girls were born. He had a nasty stomach bug at the same time, so though it was hard, it was probably a good thing! We were away from Maddie, Gwyn, and Everett for about 30 hours to go to the temple. We have only left Lana for about 3 hours at a time because of her feeding issues.
16. Are your toes painted? HAH!
17. Last movie you saw in theater? The Nativity.... No, it was that new Disney one with the modern fairy tale.
Enchanted?
18. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom: showers--HAHA!
19. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom? sanity?
20. Favorite Cartoon: Veggie Ta-a-ales, Veggie Ta-a-ales... sorry, and Curious George

21. Favorite Snack: chocolate
22. When the kids are napping, you are: spending quality time with Everett, cleaning, or showering
23. Where is/are your kids now? sleeping
24. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently:
I would have emotional control at all times. Every now and then I lose it. I think it's really important for my children to learn this from my example.


No comments: