Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Big Day

Today was the big day, and then again, maybe not so big. The girls are officially two years old!!! We sang "Happy Birthday", but they really have no clue what that means. It's not a song they've heard much of, so they weren't even really excited about the song. I'm sure they'll have a lot more fun next weekend when we actually celebrate. Grandma was at a music festival all day, and I was at a reception tonight so the celebration had to wait. Everett is really looking forward to decorating and making the cake with me.

My musical numbers went well, which I was really glad about because at least for now it seems like "me practicing" = "kids screaming". I just wish Cary could have heard it (meaning the playing, not the screaming). He stayed home with the kids. It's interesting just how different the priorities are between moms and dads. They had pizza for dinner, and when I got home the dishes were still on the table, and toys all over the floor. BUT, he bundled all the kids up and played with them in the backyard and gave them baths, so I'm not going to complain (just raise my eyebrows a little and smile).

No comments: