Sunday, March 2, 2008

Flashback to 2 March 2006

So, any guesses as to why I picked two years ago? ;)

On March 2nd, 2006, I was in the hospital recovering from the cesarean birth of three little girls. The girls were all in the NICU in incubators, but doing well with just an IV for support. I was happily chowing down on anything they put in front of me, since for the first time in months I was finally able to eat anything and more than one serving of it too! I was also wondering where my abs had gone, because they seemed to have disappeared. (I actually asked the doctor where they were.) Further information in this post would definitely be TMI!

Everett was at home throwing up, poor guy. Cary was traveling back and forth between home and the hospital, but spending most of his time with me. We were getting down to the NICU as much as we could, and trying to divide our time between the three girls. Unfortunately, they were not only in separate beds, but separate rooms. So Cary and I would try to be there at most of the feeding times, and alternate who fed which baby. We had trouble at first deciding which name would go with which girl, because we couldn't see them side-by-side. (We thought for sure that we'd be able to tell Maddie and Gwyn apart when they were together, but when we brought them home we said "Uh oh!" They really are identical!!! We finally found a difference in their ears which we used to tell them apart for a while.)


Lana

Gwyn (I think)


Maddie

That was really a marathon time in our lives. Looking back, I don't know how we made it through. We just did what we had to do and had some wonderful support from church and family members. We had meals, 8 hours of help during the day, and Cary helping me at night (for round-the-clock feedings every three hours, each of which took an hour for two people).

No comments: