Sunday, March 30, 2008

The results are in!

You may recall this photo of Maddie:

DSC00175 Maddie with buckets

Please click here to see all of the entries for the caption contest. I had a tough time choosing this time, but I've decided to go with:

"Bucket, buckets, knees and toes, knees and toes, knees and toes!" from Richard and Bethany.

I will also be awarding a prize to Lara for her on-time winning entry. Believe it or not, I have never seen or read "Oliver!", but it still sounded like a cute title to me!

Thanks to everyone for all the fun ideas! Richard and Bethany and Lara, please let me know what kind of candy bar to send you (unless you'd prefer a healthier treat after all that Easter candy).

4 comments:

HappyStretchedThin said...

Cute Lilypies. Wonder why you don't have one for YOU up there (kee hee).

P.S. I still think mine should have won, especially since Richard and Bethany's was so clearly copycatting my own (no, I'm not a sore loser at all, am I...) but I can see why the decision was hard now that I review the captions. Serious note: kudos to all you creative thinkers out there reading my wife's blog--you're a sharp bunch!

Lara Neves said...

Twix. Or Rolos. Anything with chocolate and carmel makes me happy.

You really should watch Oliver. Although, I don't know if I've ever seen the movie version...

Bethany C. said...

Whoo-Hoo!!
We'd just like to thank all the people we had to step on to get here. Cary, we would never have won had it not been for your inappropriate caption. Thanks for being there, man! Thank you, thank you -- yes we'll be signing autographs backstage at the conclusion of the ceremonies. Thank you!

P.S. I really don't know how you'd mail 2 candy bars. Maybe something simpler, you know, like a certificate or engraved plaque ;)

HappyStretchedThin said...

Hey, inappropriate is what I do best (said with a Tigger voice, followed by his characteristic woo hoo hoo hoo). It just brings a tear to my eye how good a protégé you've been...Like the feeling of pride a good teacher gets when his student surpasses him...(wink, wink)